Monday, November 4, 2013

What Real Motherhood Looks Like vol. 4

Welcome to the November "What Real Motherhood Looks Like" linkup!  If you're new to the concept, it's based on this post written by my co-host, Sarah.  Motherhood isn't always picture worthy and sometimes it's helpful to other moms to see those non-picture worthy moments.  Scroll to the bottom for link-up specifics and to add your post to the linky.



One day during this past month, I attempted to put Lucia down for a nap.  I was exhausted and frustrated, but after two hours of laying down with her in bed, with her jumping all over me, screaming and hollering and having a good old time, I brought her downstairs, put her down amongst toys and sat down for a little escape in front of my computer.  Within two minutes, it was silent and I turned around to see this:


Not only is she sleeping, but she looks like an ANGEL.  Only problem: Despite the very strategically placed blanket (all her), she's naked.  (Putting the diaper on has become a huge struggle in our house.)  The conundrum: Do I try to put a diaper on her and risk waking her up or do I let her sleep and risk her peeing the couch?  I chose the latter and ended up with a successful nap and a clean couch.  Thank goodness.

This past month has had more "real motherhood" moments than I can recall.  I am in the last few days of a 2.5 week trip out of town to visit family without David.  It's been difficult because much of the time, I've felt like a solo parent in various homes that are not exactly child friendly, but we will be home with David tomorrow and I'm so looking forward to it.  The plane flights have been full of those ugly "real motherhood" moments as well (so pray for us as we head home tomorrow)!

And most notably, I've had first hand experience with something that mothers should never have to deal with but is all too common and "real": my husband and I lost a child to miscarriage.  For everyone who has been praying for us, thank you so much.  I know there will always be a hole in my heart, but over the last several days the cloud that followed those first three weeks after the loss have finally lifted.



Now it's your turn to share your "real motherhood" moments. 

Annie of Annery at Home sent me this image of what "real motherhood" looks like in her life:












4 comments:

  1. I love this idea, Mandi. And although my life is full of real motherhood moments, I don't have any blogposts about them! So I'll keep this in mind for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does look like an angel :) We have very--uh--similar struggles. Ha. Thank God we haven't become enamored with taking off our diaper...yet...
    Prayers for your return!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucia is ALMOST potty trained, so I think she'll be out of diapers before she gets over this naked phase. She seems to like her big girl panties though, so I'm hoping she'll stay in them better!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.