Friday, May 20, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (Take 14)



Usually I plan out my quick takes a little, but I'm doing this week's on the fly.  Since we don't have internet at home anymore, time online is precious and I better get this out quickly.

1.  Please pray for my husband's cousin.  Her husband is hoping to be able to finally get a green card to come back to the United States after living apart from his family in Mexico for over two years.  They have two young (and adorable) children together and it's been so hard on the family for him to be away.  They have a meeting with immigration in Juarez next month, so prayers that the meeting goes well (and that they are kept safe - Juarez is not the safest place!) would be much appreciated.

2.  Now that we've had our first doctor's appointment and heard our little one's heartbeat, we feel ready to announce our pregnancy to the world.  However, I feel really uncomfortable just putting it in a Facebook status or in some similar impersonal social network way.  Our close family and friends already know; however, there are a lot of people that I think would want to know but that I don't particularly want to call individually to tell (I'm thinking of extended family members and more distant family friends/childhood acquaintances that I get together with every once in a while).  Any ideas of how to do this?  Or should I just wait for the information to "get around" to everyone?

3.  I only have a week and a half left of work.  I can't believe the school year is almost over.  I don't know if I'm too excited about work being over though, because we are going to miss my paycheck (tiny as it is) and because I dread being home for hours with nothing to do but pack.  I will, however, take advantage of the ability to sleep in every day.

4.  Since my husband had never seen the Lord of the Rings movies (or read the books), which I consider a travesty, we watched all three movies last week in the course of a few days.  It was so fun!  Now, I'm looking for another movie series to watch together.  Since the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie comes out today, we may have to watch those movies before we go see the new one.  Any suggestions after that?

5.  We are going to Indianapolis this weekend with David's cousin and his wife (who are also pregnant) to go to baby stores!  The only downside: I can't buy anything until after our move!

6.  A couple students have asked me if I am pregnant.  Apparently I have a baby bump that everyone but me can see.  I hate to lie, but I need a good recommendation for my boss to be able to substitute teach in the fall and I don't want him to mention that pregnancy might get in the way.  I told them no and they felt terrible.

7.  We were approved for our apartment in North Carolina.  As much as I am not looking forward to the move, I kind of wish we would do it and get it over with sooner rather than later (this might be partially due to the swimming pool we'll have in our apartment complex once we are there and the weather still being COLD here!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.