Monday, May 9, 2011

Sad News

I recently heard that a girl I went to high school with is having a really hard time right now.  I used to bump into her once in a while and she seemed so happy, so full of life as she was when we were in high school.  I never was very close to her, but we were on the cheerleading team together for a few years and I always appreciated her presence.  She got married the week after me and I found out a while ago that her husband and her were already expecting!  So exciting.  This weekend, I came across her CaringBridge website that detailed the early birth of her baby (at 26 weeks) and, shortly afterward, her diagnosis of cancer.  I can't imagine the stress and sadness that comes along with having a baby in the NICU, fighting for life, then discovering that you yourself are also fighting your own fight.  How hard it must be on her family!  It really brings things into perspective - she's only 24, same age as me.  You don't think that things like this happen to people this young.  

I haven't really kept in contact with her and we were never close, so I don't know if it's appropriate for me to say anything to her, but I will be praying profusely for her, her baby girl, her husband and family.  What sad circumstances to befall a young couple just starting a family and life together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.