lovely teddy bear birthday party? We received many compliments on the party and much of it's success is due to the adorable printables provided by Daysigns by Day. They added such a personal touch to the party!
I've been a huge fan of "printables" for a while now. What exactly are printables? They are high-quality files that can be printed to make your own decorations, activities, etc. They can sometimes be found free, but can often be purchased for very reasonable prices. They are available all over the web, but my favorite place to search for them is Etsy (that's where I found day). My first experience with printables was a moving announcement that we had personalized a few moves ago (you can see it in this post).
- When you add together the cost of purchasing the files (this package was $30) and printing, even getting them printed professionally (which I did at Staples for $25), they are the same price or even cheaper than most party supplies.
- They are customizable! I'm never going to find cupcake toppers at a party store that say "Lucia". Never.
- There are more choices. The average party store has only a few dozen themes, on the internet, you can find amazing printables for pretty much any theme you could ever want (or even request that someone design ones especially for you).
- Since we had so many great details (n the form of these printables) that pulled the party together, our basic paper products, silverware, and table clothes came from the dollar store and I'm quite sure no one noticed.
After I decided I wanted to do a Teddy Bear party theme, I searched high and low for adorable, girly (and reasonably priced) teddy bear printables. I'm not exaggerating, they were hard to find! There were many gender neutral teddy bears and many others that frankly just weren't cute. I finally found what I was looking for at Designs by Day. Here's a look at how they turned out (in case you missed the party post):
Love this "Happy Birthday" sign.
I got so many compliments on the bottle wraps.
These I printed at home on repositionable sticker sheets (this is important because it's difficult to get them on straight on the first try), cut out with a paper cutter, and stuck on. A really simple way to incorporate the party theme in the little details.
- 5"x7" Invitation
- Party Circles in four designs (cupcake toppers)
- Thank You Notecards in two designs
- Patterned Papers in two designs
- Fancy Labels in two designs (food tents)
- "Happy Birthday" Banner with spacers
- Welcome Sign
- Bottle Wraps in two designs
- Thank You Circles in four designs (for goodie bags)
Day offers party packs with a variety of themes. They prices range from $15 to $38 depending on what is included and the number of designs. My favorites include the button dolls and mermaid (she has some really great Christmas ones right now as well). To see all her offered themes, check out her Etsy shop. She also offers various printables a la carte and has recently started printing, cutting and shipping as well (at a higher price than the printables). In case you were wondering, the added time to upload to Staples, pick up, cut, glue/put together, etc. was around 2 hours, which in my opinion was worth the personalization. And I'm convinced this was the same price or cheaper than decorating the party with character banners, plates, cups, etc. that you would get at a party store (those babies are pricey!).
Day has graciously offered to host a giveaway of $35 worth of printables to her Etsy shop (existing designs only) The winner can either pick a party pack or items a la carte.
Enter below on the Rafflecopter. Giveaway runs Dec. 6-Dec. 13. and is open worldwide (printables only, no print and ship). Good Luck!
Don't forget to check out the other giveaways in my Happy 1st Birthday, Baby! event.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I received free printables to facilitate this review. I was not required to write a positive review. Opinions are 100% my own. See Disclosure Policy.