Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Guest Post at Reflections of a Catholic in Formation: You Are Beautiful

Christina of Reflections of a Catholic in Formation is putting on a wonderful blog series this month entitled "You are Beautiful".  Each day of the month, a different blogger guests posts with their thoughts on the theme.  My post is up today, in which I throw out a few of my thoughts (and worries) about raising my daughter in a society that views beauty as a commodity:


During my sophomore year in college, I worked in a Mexican restaurant.  Many of the staff were middle aged Mexican women who had immigrated to the United States with their families.  They had difficult lives and because of this were deeply knowledgeable about the ways of the world.  When the restaurant was slow, I enjoyed practicing my Spanish and getting to know them.  Once, I expressed to several of them my desire to get married and have a large family.  One of the women responded that she would pray that I would have many children and that they would all be boys...continue reading at Reflection of a Catholic in Formation

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.