Sunday, December 29, 2013

New Old Traditions

While my friend, Jen, is dealing with some computer woes courtesy of HP, I had the pleasure of writing a guest post for her about two holiday traditions we're "bringing back" to out family.  Since we have traveled for the holidays most years (and foresee doing so in the future as well), it's nice to have some holiday traditions just for our little family during the season.
One difficult aspect of the holidays in early parenthood is figuring out how to blend the traditions of two different families. I’ve found that one of the easiest ways to do this is not to adopt traditions of the mother’s or father’s family of origin, but to start brand new traditions for your own young family. There are many holiday traditions that families create that are unique to their families but I am attracted to old traditions that are rich in meaning but have largely gone by the wayside in our modern culture. During the holiday season, my husband and I have decided to “bring back” two old cultural traditions with our family...continue reading at ::Meditatio::

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.