1. I am currently in Colorado to visit family and for the baby shower my mom is throwing me tomorrow. I knew I wouldn’t want to take any precious family time to write blog posts so I did something I haven’t done before: wrote posts ahead of time! Wow, I’m so ahead of the game (for once!).
2. Speaking of spending time with family, don’t forget Sunday is Grandparents’ Day! I am blessed to be able to spend the whole day with my grandparents, especially since my grandfather has cancer and has been undergoing chemotherapy. My parents are also excited to celebrate their first Grandparents’ Day, even though their grandchild has yet to be born.
3. Since my husband worked on Labor Day, I made him chocolate chip cookies so he would know that I appreciate how hard he works for our family. If you don’t already have a go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe, I really suggest the one I used for the “Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie”. They came out perfectly and my husband can’t get enough of them.
4. I went to a tailor earlier this week for the first time in my life. Now I feel like a real adult! I found a really adorable maxi dress at a maternity store for a great price, but it was about three inches too long. So I took it to be hemmed. I wish I knew how to sew (and had a sewing machine) so I could have done it myself, but that definitely isn’t an option right now. This is the first maxi dress I’ve ever owned because at 5’2”, there is no way I would ever find one that wouldn’t need to be hemmed.
5. I recently read two articles about priests doing great things:
- Recently ordained Fr. Christopher Klusman is one of less than ten deaf priests in the United States and hopes to increase opportunities for deaf Catholics to be involved in the Church in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
- Fr. Paul Arinze is a priest who also officiates tennis tournaments, including the U.S. Open. I don’t know the first thing about tennis, but my husband loves it and thought the article and Fr. Arinze are pretty cool.
6. I won this week’s Thirsties Thursday cloth diaper giveaway! My prize is two Thirsties Duo Wraps and two Thirsties Duo Hemp Prefolds. I’m excited to get them in the mail, but even more excited to see them on my little one’s bottom. Coincidentally, my mom set up a tour of the Thirsties plant next week while I’m in Colorado, so I’ll be able to see where they are made as well.
7. If you haven’t seen it yet, please be sure to check out the new post in my “On Marrying Young” series, Exception to the “Rules”, a guest post by Kaylene of Letters from Momma. It’s fabulous! And be sure to check back in the upcoming weeks because there are more great guest posts to come (and if I can shake the writer's block I've been experiencing, I may even add some more posts of my own).
Thanks to Jennifer Fulwiler of Conversion Diary for hosting 7 Quick Takes!