Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Guest Post at The Catholic Couponer: Preparing for the New Roman Missal

I'm very excited to announce that today Beth Anne of The Catholic Couponer is featuring a guest post I wrote about preparing for the new Roman Missal that will be implemented starting this Sunday, the first day of Advent and the liturgical year:

Catholics are notorious for resisting change.  Greater society looks at this aversion to change as proof that the Catholic Church is outdated, rigid, and obsolete, especially since she refuses to modify her stance on issues such as birth control, abortion, euthanasia, homosexuality, and female clergy.   But for many Catholics, it is this steadfast stance that attracts us most to the Church.  While many other religions and Christian denominations seem to constantly change their beliefs and morality with the surrounding culture, the Church has remained dedicated to the original teachings of Christ which, although they should be studied in order to be applied to modern circumstances, should never waver from His original intention.  There is great beauty in being part of an unwavering tradition, as well as confidence that we are adhering to God’s will...continue reading at The Catholic Couponer


She's started a series of posts to educate and prepare readers for the new Missal and I'm proud to be a part of it.  Please stop over there and take a look!

If you are visiting my blog for the first time from her site, welcome!  I hope you'll stick around and read a little about my life as a relatively new wife (as of July 2010) and mother-to be (any day now!). 

1 comment:

  1. Great guest post, Mandi. You are totally right; I think it will make us more thoughtful about what we are actually praying. Can't wait for Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.