Wednesday, March 20, 2013

DIY Earring Holder





I made this Tuesday night to hold my earrings and I have to say it's one of my all-time favorite DIYs.  It was super simple (and cheap!) and it came out exactly how I imagined it!  Here's the super fancy tutorial:

You will need:
embroidery hoop (cost me $1.69)
burlap (cost me $2.30 & I have heaps left over)
scissors
five minutes

Directions: Put the burlap over the smaller hoop.  Put the larger hoop over it and start tightening (slowly).  When it's fairly tight but you can still move the fabric a bit, pull the burlap taut.  Finish tightening.  Cut the excess fabric.  Hang your earrings.  Enjoy.

The blogger I got the idea from used lace in her embroidery hoops and they look gorgeous.  That was my intent until I was at the craft store looking for lace and came across burlap.  I think I may make myself another one since this one is pretty full, and I might experiment with lace this time.   There were several other burlap colors as well, so I may just go with one of those.  We'll see.

I had forgotten that I owned half those earrings since they were stashed at the back of my jewelry box.  I'm terrible at remembering to accessorize and I think the main issue is out of sight out of mind.  The more visible and accessible my jewelry is, the more likely I am to actually think about wearing it.
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. First of all - I was just thinking to myself this morning how I used to have a thing that held earrings...I think I bought it at Claire's when I was a pre-teen. I was thinking this morning how nice it would be to have something like that as I searched for the pair of earrings in the jewelry case drawer I wanted to wear. Thank you so much for posting this. I will be doing this ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you get an embroidery hoop for so cheap?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got it at Hobby Lobby. There were several other sizes, the bigger ones were a little bit more (still until $3).

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.