Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Guest Post at NFP and Me: NFP For Achieving a Pregnancy

Katie of NFP and Me graciously offered me the opportunity to write a guest post about my experiences using Natural Family Planning for her series on the differences between NFP and contraception.  After much thought, I decided to write about using NFP to conceive, an aspect of NFP that I feel if often overlooked, yet is something that clearly sets it apart from contraception.  Here's a sneak peak:

Usually when I hear about Natural Family Planning, the focus is on preventing pregnancy.  I think this is, in part, due to the fact that Natural Family Planning proponents want to prove that it is an alternative just as effective as contraception.  Although it is certainly true that NFP is very effective at preventing pregnancy, this emphasis saddens me because I believe that by simply comparing the preventative abilities of NFP with contraception, we lose the essence of what it truly is.  It is not simply a method for preventing pregnancy, but rather a comprehensive system in which knowledge of the female body is utilized to plan a family – both to prevent (or postpone) pregnancy and to achieve pregnancy.  Unlike contraception, NFP has a beautiful, life-giving component which should not be overlooked...continue reading at NFP and Me


Please go on over and read the post and while you're at it check out some of the great posts Katie's written!



If you are visiting my blog for the first time from her site, welcome!  I hope you'll stay a while and read a little about my life in a new state, as a relatively new wife (as of July 2010), and mother-to be (I'm currently two days past my due date, so it won't be long now!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.