Thursday, February 9, 2012

Our "Love Story"


As I've mentioned before, it is currently National Marriage Week, which runs until Valentine's Day.  So I'm linking up with From Mrs. to Mama to tell our "love story" through a series of question and answer.    Won't you write one as well?  There is even a set of questions for you singles ladies.

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
David and I started dating in March of 2008, so almost four yours.  

2. How did you meet?
We met online (Catholic Match).  We met in person for the first time when he came to pick me up for our first date: dinner at a Mexican restaurant (he didn't even eat half of what was on his plate), miniature golfing, and then watching a movie together on the couch.

3. If married, how long have you been married? 
We married in July 2010, so just over a year and a half.

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? 
We got married at my grandparent's church in Fort Collins, Colorado.  Our honeymoon was to Orlando.
 
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Yes!  I can count on one hand the number of times we've called each other by our actual names.  We've had many different nicknames for each other over the years, but most of them don't last for very long.  David especially likes to make up a new nickname each time he talks to me.  Some have been cute (ghost girl), others not so much (badger).  

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He is an incredibly faithful man of God and it shows in every area of his life.  He is very patient with me.  He has a way with Lucia; he's just the most gentle, hands-on daddy.
 
7. Tell us how he proposed?
He proposed while we were on a camping trip with my family.  He took me on a walk around this beautiful lake and proposed in front of a field of wildflowers.  You can read the detailed version here.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
I think this question has more to do with me than him.  I love flowers and he knows it.  I used to get flowers all the time before we had to tighten our budget.  I still get sweet cards from him from time to time for no reason. 
 
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I would LOVE a sunset dinner on the beach, but that would definitely be for some sort of special occasion.  Now that we have a little one, an evening at home would be my choice because I wouldn't want to go anywhere without her. 

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I'd like to take him on a trip out of the country (he's never left the US).  We've talked about a cruise of the Mediterranean being our dream trip.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. 
We are going out to eat (or maybe getting food and eating in). 

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
We've decided no gifts this year.  Our gift to each other was our little one.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Pay attention.  You should be the person who knows your significant other better than anyone else in the world.  You should understand their cues and be able to respond to them.  Ideally your husband will tell you when he's stressed or angry, but sometimes he doesn't even know it himself.  Learn to read him, learn what he likes (and doesn't), and act accordingly. 

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.



 

4 comments:

  1. OK OK already...you and Katies's posts made me have to do this :-)
    LOVE the photo and I love the gushing over David.
    I love love. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!  Ok...here's the crazy thing: 1) My best friend got married in the same parish you did (I stood up for her) 2) I KNOW that priest and go to Reconciliation with him on a bi-weekly basis ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been given the Liebster Blog Award!  Stop by for details: 
    http://liturgicaltime.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-award-thanks-noreen.html
    Blessings!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last picture is absolutely precious. 
    I love your online dating success story. That is so awesome. 

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.