Monday, October 14, 2013

Why Won't the Weather Match the Season?

Fall is in full swing.  Fall colors and pumpkins (and pumpkin spice) are everywhere.  I wore my boots for the first time last week.  I love fall clothing and warmer fall weather, but this year, we're getting a lot of rain and gloom. It just doesn't feel like fall.  My family is planning to go to a pumpkin patch this afternoon, but as I write this post the day before, I just don't know if it's going to happen.  Pumpkin patch in the rain is just...wrong.  When we lived here before, two years ago, the weather wasn't like this.  The fall was warm and sunny and beautiful and I was looking forward to that again!

What does "fall weather" mean to you?  Does it mean cool?  Cold?  Rainy?  Gloomy?  And what are your can't miss fall activities?  (The ones that you'll even brave the rain for.)

And while you are thinking about fall, meet my fall sponsors.  And don't forget, only 72 days until Christmas.  (I'm trying to get all my Christmas shopping done before Advent this year...so only 48 days left of shopping for me!)



Meet Blogging for Brett.
Orphan. CP. Needs a mama.
Adorable. So much promise.
Brett is an orphan in Eastern Europe who needs a mama. I started advocating for him through Reece's Rainbow in April 2012 because I couldn't believe that such an adorable little boy should face life in an orphanage and eventually a mental institution just because his legs don't wok.  I'm hoping through this blog that we can find Brett some parents and give him a brighter future in Canada or the USA.
facebook | Reece's Rainbow | blog


Meet INKtastic.
Personalized onesies. Personalized baby clothes. 
Family friendly apparel. Custom t-shirts.
INKtastic is a family-owned business that offers family friendly custom t-shirts and apparel with an emphasis on personalized baby clothing. With a motto of, "If we wouldn't buy it, we won't sell it!" you can rest assured you will be happy with your order along with a 30-day hassle free return policy. Select from a wide variety of high quality graphics, create your own personalized message, or upload your own images directly from your computer!  Top quality products, affordable pricing, one-of-a-kind custom printed apparel. 
shop | especially for baby | pinterest | facebook


Meet Sarah.
Wife to Dan. Mother to Emily & Erin. Daughter of God.
Lover of family, faith, food, and life.
 I'm Sarah, a young Catholic wife and mommy who loves to run, cook, bake, write, keep house (most of the time), and spend time outside.  I'm the lucky wife to a wonderful husband and mother of baby twin girls.  I strive to include my faith in all parts of my life, and I'm excited to share our journey as a newly made family of four - come join us!
blog | pinterest | facebook | twitter


Meet Buhbay.
Personalized art prints. Christian décor
Filling homes with the Word of God.
Current, fashionable designs. Witty & fun.
Hi, I'm Amanda, proud owner of Buhbay. I'm a full-time mom, and part-time graphic designer. At Buhbay, every one of my art prints is made with love and warm fuzzies. My art is inspired by my own two kids, and my passion about displaying the Word of God in our homes in a way kids will love, and you'll love too!


Meet Deanna.
Wife. Mother. Friend. Follower of Jesus Christ.
Adoption advocate. Business owner. Blogger.
 
We are a family-owned retailer (WAHM) here helping families to love cloth diapering, while also having their babies look cute and fashionable!  We sell the hottest brands including Thirsties, BumGenius, Blueberry, FuzziBunz, Apple Cheeks, Rumparoos, and more.  For the past 5 years we've also been known for our Newborn rentals which average $33/month.  Be sure to check us out and get 10% off with code "messy wife".
shop Dream Diapers | facebook | twitter | blog


Meet Diaperpedia.
Change is inevitable. It's the little things. 
Let Diaperpedia help you find them.  Happy baby.
Diaperpedia is an app available on iPhone and iPad for parents, nannies, grandparents, or any baby caregiver to help them find baby changing table locations.  It's free and you'll also get an entry into our monthly contest for $50, $25, and $25 every time you add a new changing table location to the map. Games are fun, but finding a changing table shouldn't be hide-and-go-seek.
appstore | twitter | facebook | website
If you'd like to be part of the sponsor spotlight next month, 
check out the sponsorship options! I'd love to have you!


1 comment:

  1. Fall in south Texas means its 80° instead of 100°! We generally go for an ICED pumpkin spice latte and sweat our way back to the car after picking out a pumpkin in the pumpkin patch.

    Picking a Halloween costume is always tricky because you will either sweat it out in a warm costume because the high that day was 90° or freeze to death if you pick a cooler costume because surely with that choice a freak cold front will come through.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.