Thursday, February 2, 2012

Guest Post at the Cloth Diaper Whisperer: Wasting Time Worrying

I have a guest post today over at The Cloth Diaper Whisperer about how cloth diapering was much easier than I imagined it would be:

I don’t remember what initially attracted my interest in cloth diapers, but there were three reasons that my husband and I eventually decided to use them: to save money, to be environmentally friendly, and to avoid the chemicals in disposable diapers.  We certainly didn’t choose cloth diapers because we thought they would be easy.  In fact, in the last weeks and months of my pregnancy, as I purchased and prepped our cloth diapers, I was simultaneously preparing myself mentally for the difficulties I would encounter: the relentless laundry, the leaky diapers, the messy, multi-step diaper changes (we decided to use prefolds and fitted diapers with diaper covers).  I constantly had to remind myself that the benefits of cloth diapers would outweigh these difficulties...continue reading at The Cloth Diaper Whisperer

(If that's not enough motivation, there are some cute pictures of Lucia in it!).  


If you are checking out my blog for the first time from my guest post, I hope you'll stay and have a look around!  I blog about many topics including marriage, motherhood, learning to keep house, and my Catholic faith.  You may also be interested in my recent post about cloth diapering our newborn.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.