Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hungry Hippo Creations Review



Hungry Hippo Creations is an Etsy shop filled with unique vintage-inspired baby and children's clothing.  I have high expectations of anything that comes from Etsy, the WAHMs that sell their products there put so much love and attention into their products, and Kellie's work at Hungry Hippo Creations certainly lives up to my expectations.  For the price of an outfit at a big box store (the most pricey items are only $28), you get boutique-worthy clothing with the quality of homemade!  I was given the privilege of receiving two pinafore and bloomer sets  for Lucia to review from Hungry Hippo Creations and I couldn't be happier with the products I received.

The outfits are absolutely adorable!  To me, these are only comparable to items that can be bought in a boutique; they have a classic, vintage quality to them.  Most of the outfits I've received for Lucia are trendy and will go out of style before our next little one comes along, but I can envision the two sets being in the family for years, perhaps someday worn by my granddaughters.  The quality is such that I can imagine them being around that long as well.  In fact, one of my favorite features is that the material is not only adorable, but durable as well.  Unlike the flimsy material and questionable quality of some of the cheaper items in Lucia's wardrobe, these pinafores are made of exactly the kind of material I would envision little kids play clothes to be made of - something that is comfortable and that will last.

In additional to high quality and classic style, all the pieces from Hungry Hippo Creations are also very affordable.  As mentioned above, the most expensive dresses are only $28.  And this is the price for a customized item - Kellie has many different materials you can choose from for your items and will work with you to make something that fits your (little one's) style.  I'm not very good with design, so I picked a pattern that I liked and Kellie was able to help suggest other fabric patterns to accompany it.  I particularly loved the pinafore because it is fully reversible with adorable complementary patterns on each side, so each one was like having two different outfits.  Lucia will also be able to wear it for many months to come.  For the warm weather and just hanging out around the house, I didn't put anything under it, but I can add a long sleeved onesie under it for the winter and once she's taller, I can pair it with jeans or leggings instead of bloomers. 

If you are looking for a really sweet outfit for a special occasion, as a gift, or just some adorable play clothes, I can't see how you could go wrong with Hungry Hippo Creations.  Please check out Hungry Hippo Creations Facebook page and click on the photo albums to see what other sweet outfits and fabrics Kellie has to offer.  And don't make the mistake of thinking that Hungry Hippo Creations is only for little girls; Kellie has some really adorable neckties and outfits for your little man as well!


Hungry Hippo Creations is giving away a $30 credit to one Catholic Newlywed reader as a part of the Shake, Rattle, & Roll! Giveaway Hop. The contest runs May 22-June 5.  You can enter it here.  Good luck!


 
I was sent a two pinafore and bloomers sets in order to facilitate this review. All opinions are 100% mine. See Disclosure Policy

9 comments:

  1. I love how affordable they are and some of them are reversable! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucia looks so cute in those!  And it's always nice to get a 2fer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you pointed out how most of the clothes you buy for your little one will be out of style by the time your next comes along.  I feel exactly the same way about the style and quality of the clothes our daughter has.  I have actually taken to making some things for her so she has some original, classy outfits that didn't cost a crazy amount.  I also love that you mentioned you could see your grandkids wearing these dresses someday.  My husband thinks I'm nuts because I have saved a couple outfits already and will save more as she grows to pass down to her kids.  He just doesn't get it and I've tried to explain it, but he's a man... ; )  I love the work from Hungry Hippo Creations and would love to dress my daughter in one of her reversible dresses!  They are beautiful and so stinking cute!  One last note:  What a great idea pairing them with jeans as your little one grows! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that she's willing to work with you to customize the clothing. That's awesome! Her prices are great as well, and she has so many cute things in her shop! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. love her shop & cute items...your daughter is precious

    ReplyDelete
  6. Their clothes are cute and unique. I would love to get something from there for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, these are reasonably priced... and so cute on your little one!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.