Friday, May 4, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (Take 56)


--- 1 ---


David, Lucia, and I flew to Chicago today.  We'll spend about a week here with David's aunt and uncle, his cousin, her husband and two kids.  We became very close to them last year when we were living only a few hours away in Indiana and it's so nice to see the kids and have them meet Lucia.  This is actually the first time we are meeting his cousin's husband, because he was living in Mexico trying to get a visa to come back to the United States when we were here.  I'm so happy the family is finally reunited (he was in Mexico for three years waiting for his visa).

--- 2 ---
 
On Thursday we will be driving to Indiana.  David's parents will be flying in on Thursday as well.  We will be staying with David's cousin, his wife, and his baby son.  We are so excited to meet him, since both me and his cousin's wife were pregnant together but we moved before the babies were born. They tried for many ten years to get pregnant and had given up when they had a surprise pregnancy.  I can't wait to see them with their little boy (and to see Lucia with her second cousin!).

--- 3 ---

Next Sunday is David's graduation.  It's hard to believe that when we met four years ago, he was months away from graduating with his bachelors and in a week's time he'll have his Ph.D.  I am so proud of him and so grateful that I have been able to share his years in graduate school with him.  And I'm so excited to see David in his gown holding his baby girl - those will be pictures I'll show her one day as I tell her how special it was that she was able to be there when Daddy graduated.

--- 4 ---

David is still searching for a job.  We are a bit nervous about him finding something, but since I recently started substitute teaching, we are freed up a bit financially to allow him to take some time in the job search.  If need be, I can work 5 days a week while he stays home with Lulu.  Obviously, that's not the ideal, but I know it will only be temporary. 

--- 5 ---

Last week, I found a pretty exciting new online tool: a meal planner.  The most exciting aspect of it is that it suggests recipes based on your preferences and sales at your local grocery stores.  Read more about it here and sign up for a free lifetime membership.

--- 6 ---


I had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day on Wednesday.  Of course, it was all my fault for not paying attention to details.  But after it was all said and done, I was grateful for the day because it reminded me what a loving and supportive husband I have.  And more than that, it reminded me that without difficulties, we don't have opportunities to grow and start to take what we have for granted.  Do you express gratitude for your bad days as well as your good?

--- 7 ---

Source: thecraftedsparrow.blogspot.com via Mandi on Pinterest
The homemade cards I wanted to make this week were a bust, I ended up buying them at the store instead.  Sigh.  I'll try again later.  In the meantime, I found new crafts I'd like to try and that I think I could actually make: felt flowers.  This tutorial is awesome, and it at least makes it look easy.  My favorite is the rose in the middle.  Wouldn't that look sweet on a headband for my Lucia Rose?  Or as a little extra embellishment on a gift?  These are my first order of business when I get home.


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

1 comment:

  1. The lady who was the wedding planner for our first wedding (the big, civil wedding) made me some of those felted flowers on bobby pins and a comb to wear in my hair for our convalidation. It was special to have something to connect the two.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.