Monday, October 22, 2012

Guest Post at Fine Linen and Purple: Dressing Well for the Job

This week, Fine Linen and Purple is talking about careers and the workplace.  I'm so excited to be able to contribute my thoughts in a post on dressing professionally.  Here's a little tidbit:
This fall, I started my first “professional” job as a teacher. Like many young people starting their first professional job, I felt like some kind of imposter; I couldn’t believe that I had miraculously hoodwinked a principal into thinking I was a “real” teacher. Sure, I had the degree and the teaching license, but I certainly didn’t feel like a teacher. I was certain that it was all some big joke: me a teacher? A real teacher, entrusted to teach children? Somehow my education classes hadn’t prepared me for this.
So what was the first thing I did to prepare for that (scary!) first day of school? I went through my closet and went shopping to put together a few outfits for a professional wardrobe. If I didn’t feel like a teacher, you better believe I was going to at least look like one...continue reading at Fine Linen and Purple

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled on to your blog, and love it! I am a mother of 5, married young, babies early, NFP fan and crazy in love with my husband a family. IT CAN BE DONE!! Best wishes to you!
    ~Susan www.solesearchingmamma.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.