Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What I've Been Reading (in 140 characters or less) - Sept 2013


On my birthday this year, I wrote a 30 Before 30 list.  One of my goals was to read 40 books, 20 of them fiction.  That works out to only 10 books a year, and while I hope to read more than that, the last few years have been rough on reading time, so I made sure my goal was attainable.  I've finished seven books since then, so I'm right on goal.  

In addition to listing completed books on my list, I decided to join Modern Mrs. Darcy's monthly book link up and write book reviews Twitter style (140 characters or less) to catalog what I've read.  You can see my last Twitterature here.


Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Enjoyed 1st 316 pages, disliked last 9 which turned into pacifist philosophizing. I recommend it but won't read the sequels #moviecomingsoon


Mommy memoir. Funny@times, trivial@times. Can't relate to jokes about epidurals & public school. Liked it but wish I'd skipped chapters.

A true story of both extremes of humanity: unbelievable cruelty & incredible hope. Emotionally hard to read yet a page turner.


A LOTR lover, reading this felt like visiting an old friend. Much more a lighthearted adventure story than the dark epic to follow. #lovedit

Currently in the works: 

Worthy: See Yourself as God Does
Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking
Exiles: A Novel
Wholly Mary: Mother of God



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.