Sunday, April 29, 2012

Guest Post at Caffeinated Catholic Mama: Blessed are those who are persecuted…

Karianna of Caffeinated Catholic Mama has been running a series of reflections on the beatitudes and I am very blessed to have been given the opportunity to contribute.  My post is based on the beatitude regarding persecution: Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:10) 
Every night, my husband and I pray the rosary.  After having said the rosary regularly for almost two years now (since our wedding in July 2010), I’ve noticed that I tend to approach each set of mysteries from a distinct perspective.  When meditating on the Joyful Mysteries, I tend to put myself in the place of the Holy Mother.  I think of the Glorious Mysteries from the perspective of the Apostles and other followers of Christ.  The Sorrowful Mysteries, however, are the most difficult for me because I have no choice but to meditate on them from the position of Christ himself...continue reading at Caffeinated Catholic Mama

If you are visiting Catholic Newlywed for the first time, welcome! I'm Mandi and I'm a 20-something Catholic wife and new mother to a sweet (almost) 5 month old, Lucia Rose.  While I'm no longer a newlywed, the name of the blog stuck and I still blog about my housekeeping attempts but these are now accompanied by adventures in motherhood.  My blog doesn't have a singular focus, so all aspects of my life are fair game, including my gradual shift toward becoming "cruchy", living on a budget, my Catholic faith, and more.  I also host two blog series with some great guest bloggers, one on marrying young and the other entitled "Baby on a Budget".  I hope you'll stay to read a bit about me and join in the conversations about our faith, family, and future (and enter a giveaway or two)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.