Thursday, February 7, 2013

Weekday Wardrobe: Leggings & Nostalgia

 
Leggings: Wet Seal | Boots: Bare Traps (via Macy's)

 Earrings: Blue Nile

Today, I was inspired by Brittany's Momma Style posts to put up a weekday outfit.  I usually share my Sunday best, but what I wear Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays is quite a bit different.  (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, I teach, and my outfits are quite similar to what I wear to church on Sundays.)  

The truth is, on days I stay at home, I often don't get dressed until the early afternoon (Lucia's second nap time).  But, I always get dressed eventually and try to add a few touches to my outfits that make me feel put together and lovely.  I've heard rumors of some stay-at-home (or work-at-home) moms that stay in their pjs all day.  That's just not me.  I have to get dressed at some point to feel that I've joined the living, even if I never leave the house.  

We were supposed to go to the library story time (after reading this post, I was determined to get back in the swing of it, it's been MONTHS since we'd gone).  But David didn't have to be at work until 11 today, so we had a lazy morning and Lucia didn't get her usual morning nap.  Which meant I would have had to go to story time with a tired baby.  Tired baby = cranky baby.  Cranky baby = stressed mama.  Stressed mama = cranky mama.  Cranky mama + cranky baby = one of THOSE days.  No thanks.  We'll shoot for next Thursday.

Oh wait, so I didn't actually talk about my outfit.  It's pretty self explanatory isn't it?  Although I do have to say, as I was putting these leggings on, I realized that the only time I've even been in a Wet Seal was when I bought these leggings.  My husband and I were dating and I had flown out for the weekend to visit him.  We ended up at the mall a lot when I flew out because there wasn't much to do in the city he lived in (and that we later lived in together after exchanging vows), despite being a city with a college of 40,000 students (or some crazy number like that).  Anyway, I think this were some of the first leggings I've ever owned (not including the stirrup ones that were all the rage in elementary school).  

I have the tendency to think of things we did while we were dating as not that long ago, but actually, much more time has passed than I usually realize.  Next month will be five years since we met.  Crazy.  And my 10 year high school reunion is only two years away, even though high school seems like just yesterday.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.