Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Trendy Tot Tuesday: Picnic Pretty

I am so excited to be the guest host this week of Trendy Tot Tuesday!  I linked up to a few of the very first posts in this link up and although I haven't linked up every week, I love peeking at all the stylish kids around the web!  Won't you join us in showing off a picture of your kiddo in some dashing duds?




Last week's Tots of the Week were Lexie, Dylan and Lily.
 
So precious, right?
  • Trendy Tot Tuesday is a chance to talk about kid's style, and pretty much anything goes.  Pictures of your cutie, talking about their style (that you buy and dress them in, ahem!), a Polyvore board, linking to the new kid's line at the Gap - anything!  All ages welcome, from you sweet pregnant mamas stocking up a closet to the teenagers that probably pick all their own stuff out now ;)  
  • This is a hop-style link up - please follow your hosts (KellyLindsay and Megan) and our guest host (Mandi). We are in spots 1-4.  Also, jump around to meet other bloggers!  We hope everyone gains some new followers from this link-up and finds some fabulous new blogs!
  • Please link back to (at least!) one of us, and feel free to steal our badge if you'd like.  If you're a tweeter or instagram-er, use #trendytot
  • Interested in guest hosting?  Please email Megan to get added to the list!

Now, on to Lucia's outfit for the week:

Rocking a dress and jellies on our weekend picnic.  And shades, can't forget the shades.  Although they are more often in her hand than on her face.  It's supposed to snow again on Wednesday (MAY 1st!), so who knows how long the dresses will be out, but it was fun while it lasted.  

It's funny that this is "Trendy" Tot Tuesday, because I wouldn't often describe her clothes as trendy.  I'm more into classic little girls clothes.  You know, the kind of outfits that my mom might have worn when she was a girl.  Rompers and dresses.  Plus, I really do think that dresses are so much more practical, comfortable, and easy to move around in for little girls (not to mention easier to put on).  It's nice that I don't have to worry about outfits looking dated when they are passed on to future daughters (hopefully).  Some things just never go out of style.  Of course, toddlers in dresses aren't exactly ladylike, but little girl's dresses always come with adorable matching bloomers.  Do you lean toward a particular style for your little ones?  






5 comments:

  1. what a cutie!! love her outfit...am a new follower, linkin up from trendy tot tuesdays. hope you can visit and follow back :)


    www.prettylittledahlia.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. stopping from the link-up! I am a dress mom for my daughter just so much easier and you can always throw on leggings under if its cold

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's adorable!

    I put dresses on my toddler almost every day! It's my favorite thing for little girls to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love looking at all the little girl clothes but I have a boy so no dresses for us! Stopping by from the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore her clear jelly's! I have seen them at Old Navy and have been thinking about getting them for my daughter. I hope they are comfy? Love her dress too, love lavender is such a pretty color on her! You have a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.