Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My Pregnancy Toolkit

I had a happy, healthy pregnancy, but it wasn’t without some discomfort and odd, unexpected symptoms. Now that many friends and family members are pregnant, I’ve been thinking of what I would include in my ideal “pregnancy toolkit” to help ease the difficulties of pregnancy. Here’s what I would include:


Tea
Heartburn tea was a lifesaver for me in the last trimester. I never tried any other teas during pregnancy, but next time around, I’m interested in trying Morning Wellness tea (if I get morning sickness again, I’m hoping that I won’t even need this) and raspberry leaf tea, which supposedly helps induce labor and makes labor faster and less painful.

Exercise ball
I started getting uncomfortable about midway through the pregnancy. Swapping out a computer chair, couch or even kitchen chair for my exercise ball really eased back pain. Plus, it can double as a birthing ball and continue to ease discomfort while in labor.

Sinus rinse
No one told me that a common pregnancy symptom is a constantly runny, stuffy nose. Not fun! I recently discovered sinus rinses when I had a sinus infection and I wish I had one when I was pregnant. Never underestimate the value of breathing through your nose!

Prenatal vitamins
I’m a big fan of getting vitamins/nutrients naturally from foods, but that can be difficult with the weird food aversions and morning sickness. If nothing else, a supplement gives me placebo security that my baby is getting the nutrients he/she needs.

Belly butter/lotions
These stop the itchies from stretching belly skin and possibly help prevent stretch marks. I got stretch marks anyway, but maybe they would have been worse? Again, even if it’s just the placebo effect, it makes you feel like you’re doing something, right?

Witch hazel
I didn’t even know about witch hazel until recently, but I hear it helps with hemorrhoids (unfortunately another less-than-pleasant curse of pregnancy) and also postpartum healing.

DulcoEase® Pink™
I had terrible first trimester constipation. I tried several laxatives and many of them were not very gentle. I recently tried DulcoEase® Pink™ Stool Softener and it was much gentler than any products I previously used and will be my first choice next pregnancy. You can get a coupon for $1.50 off here. Check with your doctor before using DulcoEase® Pink™ if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.


Every new mother’s toolkit should include DulcoEase® Pink™, the #1 OB/GYN recommended ingredient* for going #2. So if you are pregnant or breast feeding, ask your doctor if you should think Pink. Find savings on DulcoEase® Pink™ at www.MomsTalkDulcoEase.com!

*Among stool softener ingredients

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of DulcoEase® Pink™. The opinions and text are all mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.