Friday, March 1, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday (81)


 
--- 1 ---
  
It would be appropriate to start with something about the Pope.  Unfortunately, words can't express how I feel and I don't really know how I feel anyway.  Pope Benedict XVI was a good Pope and it took such strength and courage for him to resign.  I am sad to see him go, but trust that he is doing God's will.  I worry about the future of the Church and our next Pope, not because I doubt God, but because I've seen the failings of man.   I will be praying fervently for our next Holy Father and our Church.

--- 2 ---

Today, I am in Denver at the Living the Catholic Faith Conference.  The entire archdiocese has school off today so all teachers can attend.  I sure hope I'm enjoying it; there are going to be some great speakers, but unfortunately, if I have to get up at the crack of dawn like I did today, I have a hard time enjoying anything.  The day starts with Mass with the Archbishop and I imagine the whole conference will be quite abuzz as the conclave gets going.  What an exciting time to be surrounded by fellow Catholics.

--- 3 ---

This week was a short school week between the conference and a snow day on Monday.  Monday was a gorgeous day weather-wise, sandwiched between two days of snow, and David had the day off for a doctor's appointment which made it a really great, unexpected family day.  Between our work schedules, we have far too few of those.

--- 4 ---


I have a giveaway this week for my boutique over at Fine Linen and PurpleIt's for a $50 gift card and $20 off coupon, so the winner will be able to get $70 worth of jewelry total.  You do have to sign up as a customer to enter, but it's entirely free.  If signed up as a customer, you get emails about promotions and specials.  I'd love to see one of my readers win!
--- 5 ---


My baby shower inspiration board won $500 in Minted.com credit!  Well, technically $600!  It won the Editor's Pick for a baby shower invitation inspiration board challenge ($500) and the most likes for the week I entered it ($100).  I got Lucia's birthday party invitations there and recently got this darling fox print for her room.  What do you think I should get with my credit? I'm loving the family tree prints, so that's definitely on my list!

--- 6 ---

I realized that almost every TV show I like is "reality TV"Game shows like Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, and Family Feud.  Reality shows like The Amazing Race (or is that a game show?), Shark Tank, and anything with Gordon Ramsey (Kitchen Nightmares, Hell's Kitchen, Master Chef).  I'm not sure what that says about me?

--- 7 ---

Tomorrow is the first Saturday of the month.  If you are interested in doing the First Five Saturdays series, tomorrow is a great day to start.  If you don't know what that is, I briefly mentioned it here and David is planning to write a guest post on it soon.  This will be the second of five Saturdays for us and I am looking forward to the next three months. 

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!




13 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the Five Saturdays idea! I have a logistics question, do you bring Lucia with you along the way? Just curious and wondering what I'll do with my little girly. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't brought Lucia because my mom has been available to watch her, but we would bring her if we had to. Mass is pretty short since it's just daily Mass but sometimes the line for confession is long and she'd get antsy. Hope you do it and love it!

      Delete
  2. I don't enjoy much early in the morning either, unless it's playing with my babies and drinking coffee! I do hope you have fun at your conference, though. I love your baby shower inspiration board - the cloth diaper is adorable, and I like how the colors are something other than pink and blue. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I was tired all day but the conference was still great!

      We don't ever plan to find out our babies' sex before birth, so I automatically think of gender neutral colors!

      Delete
  3. How did I miss this giveaway?


    What a cute baby shower board. I love that it's not 'too baby-ish' Pinning it for the future!


    Most of my favorites are reality TV or ya know otherwise trashy (Glee, The Lying Game, Nashville, etc). I keep telling myself it doesn't meant anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're probably right, reality TV doesn't mean we're odd or pathetic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proverbial GirlfriendMarch 3, 2013 at 1:49 PM

    Beautiful pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just named almost all of my favorite shows, too! I think it means you don't like crime dramas or medical shows, if you're like me also. Although I do like some sitcoms--The Middle is hilarious. Also the Emmy category for your shows is Reality-Competition, and Amazing Race wins a lot (because it is awesome).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually do like some crime dramas and medical shows, but not really any of the current ones (I used to love CSI with the original cast and House). Reality-Competition is a great name for the category.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe someday we'll live in the same area and I can host that baby shower for you? Probably not, but here's to hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did end up having a great time! And as for the baby shower, we didn't (and won't in the future) find out baby genders, so I'm all about gender neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ali, we haven't brought her along because my mom has been available to watch her, but if we ever needed to, we would bring her. It wouldn't be a big deal since daily Mass is pretty short, although the confession line can be quite long and she would get restless. I believe you don't have to go to confession the day of, so you could go early in the week when you had a chance without your little one.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.