Wednesday, February 2, 2011

check 'em out

On this second snow day in a row, I’ve spent some time catching up on some of my favorite blogs (and finding new favorites).  Just a couple months ago, I didn’t really understand what a blog was, and now I have a list of favorites that I follow regularly.  I especially love blogs by fellow Catholic women in various stages of life and spiritual development.  They are such inspiration!  Here is a list of just a few of my favorites:

Open Those Ojos: one of the first blogs I started following, it also encouraged me to continue with my own blog (although there is no comparison, Christy’s is highly superior).

Conversion Diary: I’m sure that this isn’t the first time you’ve heard of it, but I wanted to include it because it’s one of my favorites.  I love Jennifer’s insights into the faith after having spent most of her life as an atheist.  I also love hearing about life as a mother of four (soon to be five) young children!  She hosts “7 Quick Takes Friday”, which I regularly participate in and love because it connects me to new blogs from faithful bloggers.  In fact, one of my favorite things to do when I have some free time is click on the “7 Quick Take Friday” links and find new favorite blogs.

More Like Mary: Kaitlin is expecting her first child (any day now) after struggling with infertility.  I love the honesty, faith, and hope that I get from her posts.  She also started the “Why I Love My Husband” meme.

Catholic Cuisine: Wonderful recipes and ideas for celebrating Feast Days!  I have yet to try anything (I just discovered this blog two days ago), but I already love it.  I didn’t grow up in a family where we celebrated (or even knew of) Feast Days, so I am so excited to start these traditions with my own family.  And I love cooking, so this is a wonderful way to combine my interests and faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.