Saturday, February 12, 2011

What have you been reading?

Oh, I love books, I really do.  And I love to talk about books even more!  I am almost done with the book I have been reading for the last five months: 1776.  If you haven’t read this one, I would suggest you do, especially if you love history or you love this country.  Yes, I do know that is a long time to spend on one book, and I used to be a voracious reader, but with my past two jobs, plus learning how to be a wife (I did not understand nor was ready for all it entailed), I haven’t spent much time reading.  It will probably take me some time to get through my next book also, but I would like some suggestions.

My parents gave my husband and I a gift card to amazon.com for Christmas and we used it to buy a book about our soon-to-be home, North Carolina: The Newcomer’s Guide to North Carolina: Everything You Need to Know to Be a Tar Heel.  Since I don’t even know what a Tar Heel is, I should probably read through that one soon.  David got The Apostles: The Origin of the Church and Their Co-Workers, which he’s been enjoying.  I highly recommend it!  He’s read some of the chapters to me before bed and I’ve really enjoyed getting to know some of the lesser known Apostles like Bartholomew (who I learned was probably also called Nathaniel).  Each chapter can stand alone, so it can be used as a reference book or a quick read when you don’t want to get into a long book.  Oh, and it was written by the Pope - can’t beat that.  David’s been wanting to get it for a while, and he definitely wasn’t disappointed!

So, any suggestions for my next read?  I usually choose non-fiction, but I do like fiction as well, especially the classics.  I will admit Jennifer Fulwiler’s comments about A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: How I Learned to Live a Better Story on her 7 Quick Takes post this week has me intrigued… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.