Sunday, December 2, 2012

What I Wore Sunday: Trendy Smart

Shirt: Sears (Apostrophe) | Skirt: Talbots
Cardigan: Ross (Derek Heart) | Boots: Macy's

I think Lucia got a big head after her birthday party yesterday.  Apparently she mistook her crown as a real princess's instead of just a birthday princess's.  She was a terror in Mass today, just when we thought she was starting to get the whole "Mass is sacred, we behave in Mass" thing.  At least she wasn't kicked out of yet another church.  (Yeah, that did happen.  An usher asked us to take her out of church when she was talking once.  You don't want to even know my feelings on that one!)

Ok, so this outfit.  You can see these boots worn previously here.  And this skirt worn previously here.  And this shirt/cardigan combo worn previously here.  I'm not the greatest at buying pieces that can be mixed and matched to make a gazillion outfits, but this skirt is just so versatile that it goes with so many tops (and I bought it for next to nothing at a thrift store!).  And my leggings...oh yeah, I'm not wearing any.  It was in the sixties this weekend.  In December.  I'm loving it.

Oh yeah, my biggest fashion accessory this week: glasses.  Hence the whole "Trendy Smart" title.  I wanted to write "trendy nerd" but I didn't want to wrongly offend anyone, you never really know what's PC these days.  I think this may be the first time I'm wearing glasses in a picture on my blog.  I haven't worn glasses much out of the house since I was in fourth grade (yep, got contacts in the fourth grade; never understood the whole "you have to wait to get contacts until you are X age" thing that many of my friends went through).  My eyes - and hands and lips and everything else - have been so dry lately that I decided to give them a little break.  Oh the joys of living in dry Colorado again!

I'm glad my students don't read this blog (or at least I don't think they do), because my outfit on Monday is almost always exactly What I Wore Sunday. 

I'm linking up to Fine Linen and Purple's What I Wore Sunday linkup.  Check it out for more church attire inspiration.

6 comments:

  1. Amanda @ worthy of AgapeDecember 2, 2012 at 10:49 PM

    Love the skirt and the cardigan, and the whole outfit! The weather here has been nuts! I get to Mass early for choir practice and by time Mass lets out I have to use the A/C in my car as I drive home! Where, dare I ask, is winter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! We were in the 80's here today, but being December, I couldn't let myself wear sandles :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit Mandi! Love the skirt and printed shirt...and the glasses take the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirt and cardi are cuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I think the same thing about my coworkers that you do about your students! You look beautiful, and your glasses are so chic! Happy Birthday to Lucia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is probably my favorite WIWS that you've posted so far :-) I think the glasses really balance out the boots.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.