Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Let's Talk About Miscarriage

Recently, I've been setting up quite a few Facebook parties for my Lilla Rose business.  I also recently hosted an Usborne book party.  If you don't know how this works, a Facebook event is set up, the host invites guests, and at an appointed day and time, the consultant, host, and attendees all get on Facebook at the same time.  Questions are asked, games are played, information is shared.  It's really fun.  I enjoy putting on these events for customers and I had a great time hosting for my friends. 

I started thinking about how amazing it was to get people from all over the country (and potentially the world) to discuss one topic.  There is a completely different vibe from blogging because it's much more conversational and immediate.  I started to think about what else I could do as a Facebook event and the possibilities went much further than selling hair accessories.  I could set up an event on any topic and "meet up" with many other women who are interested in discussing it with me.  Sounds fun.  And enlightening. 

So what would I love to converse with other women about?  Books and raising children and marriage and...and...miscarriage.  More than anything what makes me feel a bit lonely and isolated right now is miscarriage.  I imagine I'm not alone in feeling alone.  While I think great strides are being made, it's still very much a taboo topic.  So, I'm creating a little space where we can talk about it.

I'm going to prepare some questions to talk about and some quotes and resources to share, but also I'm going to let the conversation go where it will and if structure isn't necessary, I'll put them aside and we can just talk.  You are welcome whether or not you've ever had a miscarriage.  If you haven't had one and would like to ask some questions to understand what your friend/family members are going through, all that we ask is that you are respectful.

In order for the event to be more private (not show up in news feeds), I have created a "Let's Talk About Miscarriage" Facebook group.  Please request to join the group and you will then be able to see and RSVP for the event within that group. Again, you do not have to have had a miscarriage to join the group, you just have to want to join the conversation. Then join me on Monday, March 31 at 9pm EST. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.