Saturday, May 26, 2012

AR 15 Shirt Review


I had the chance to review a gun shirt last week and I already have the opportunity to review more equally awesome gun t-shirts AR-15 Shirts.com has a variety of shirts with fun designs and witty saying that feature none other than the AR-15 gun.  These shirts are a trendy way to make a public statement about your support of the Second Amendment and your love of recreational gun use.

I love wearing this gun shirt in public, not for the shock factor, but hopefully to have a hand in the normalization of gun ownership.  I grew up in a hunting family that also loved target shooting for fun.  I was shocked when I realized in high school that the majority of my friends had never shot a gun and many of them were raised in families that frowned upon gun ownership.  To be honest, I still am a little amazed to hear of people that have never held a gun.  My husband and I look like the average responsible citizens toting around an adorable baby girl.  We in no means look like extreme gun fanatics (and we aren’t), yet we are gun owners who own guns for protection and for fun.  By wearing this shirt, I feel like I’m an example of the average gun owner and will helpfully be able to help break the stereotypes that many people have of gun owners.  

All designs at AR-15 Shirts.com come in a variety of colors and styles, including particularly feminine ones like pink and baby doll tees.  Having spent many years going to sporting goods stores with my dad, I find it unusual and refreshing to be able to buy feminine gun shirts!  I recommend these for the female gun aficionado you know.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm going to check this out. Good gift idea for my hubby. Our 9 year dating anniversary is next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually never held a gun!  But I want to--going to a shooting range is on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.