Wednesday, May 16, 2012

To my husband, on the event of his graduation



My love, four years ago, when you moved away to start graduate school, I thought that was the end of our relationship.  We were so perfect for each other and I wondered why God brought you into my life only to take you away a few months later.  How wrong I was!  Here we are, we've made it together to your graduation day.  When you started, I barely knew you, but I knew enough to know that I was blessed to have you in my life.  As you walk across that stage, ending this chapter of your life and starting a new one, I watch you with tears in my eyes.  But I'm not alone, our daughter shares this incredible day with us.  She won't remember it, but I'll never forget how proud I am seeing you in your cap and gown (and hood!) holding our baby daughter.  It wasn't easy, but you were able to get married, have a baby, and support your family while getting your Ph.D.  When society told you to wait for a wife and children until after your education was over, you listened to the Lord and embraced the gifts of family while still in school.  Sweetheart, I love you and I'm so very, very proud of you! 

4 comments:

  1. Catholic Cookie JarMay 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM

    Very sweet! :) Congratulations to your husband, that is such a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats David! So exciting for the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3.  Thanks, Emily, this is certainly an exciting time in our lives and we figure out what the future holds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the thing is, he's so humble about it! Like it's not a hug accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.