Sunday, May 6, 2012

Say a little prayer...


for my mom, please?  She is having surgery tomorrow to remove lymph nodes in her neck.  She had her cancerous thyroid removed two years ago and her doctor recently discovered that the cancer has spread to her lymph nodes.  She is very nervous since this is a much longer and more dangerous surgery (it will be approximately 6 hours long).


Specifically pray that she finds peace leading up to the surgery, that the surgery goes well and all the cancer is removed, and that she has a quick and healthy recovery.  I'm sure my family could use some prayers for finances as well since she will need to take several weeks off work for recovery (her employer does not have short-term disability insurance so any time off after her vacation days she's not paid for), my dad is taking a week off to be with her (he is paid hourly so does not get paid at all for time off) and they have to pay the deductible for the surgery.

Mary, Mother of God, please ask your Son to be with my mother during this difficult time.

4 comments:

  1. Katie @NFP and MeMay 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM

    Sending up lots of prayers for you guys. Hope everything go well, all the cancer is removed, and your mom has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katie, I appreciate it.  I talked to my dad this afternoon and it sounds like the surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saying a prayer for her. Recently, I sent you a brief email sharing how similarly aligned our lives seemed, and oddly enough my mom had her cancerous thyroid as well as lymphnodes in her neck and underarm removed about ten years ago now. Praying all goes well for your family, as it did for mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4.  Did I reply to your email? I'm not sure I saw it. I never realized how common thyroid issues were until my mom got cancer, then so many people opened up about their experiences.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.