Tuesday, May 22, 2012

This Blogging Break Brought to You In Part By...

The Hunger Games


(and in part by the opening of our apartment pools, can't you just tell Lucia loves it?) I've been engrossed in the Hunger Games Trilogy the past few days and probably won't have another "real" post up until I've finished.  I've been reading several non-fiction books recently and while they've been fascinating, there is nothing quite like getting lost in a good fiction book (or three).  

Tell me, what's the most recent book you couldn't put down?  I'll be looking for another once I'm done. 

While I'm on this little break, I do have a few giveaways to keep you busy:

And a few posts you might have missed from the past few weeks:


I'll rejoin you again once I know that Katniss is safe and sound, the Capitol has been taken down, & true love has conquered all.  And once I can convince Lucia that the pool isn't so bad after all!

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I'm reading "The Hunger Games" too. I just finished "Catching Fire" and I'm waiting for my best friend to finish "Mockingjay" and lend it to me. :) Which book are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read all three books in less than a week! I couldn't put them down! I'm now anxiously awaiting the movie to come out on DVD so I can see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too!  I was a huge fan of Twilight, but I have to say that I thought these were so much better!  I have a post I'm working on in my head about how love is portrayed in Hunger Games vs. Twilight.  And maybe more about deeper elements of the Hunger Games (like war crimes, price of freedom, etc.)  Do you have any suggestions about what my next book should be.  I recently heard that maybe I should get into the Game of Thrones series...

    ReplyDelete
  4.  I'm on Mockingjay.  We waited forever to borrow them from a friend too, but fortunately she game me all three at once.  It's nice to have a friend to discuss the books with, David just started the first and I'm waiting for him to finish so we can discuss them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend (male) loved all 3 Hunger Games and likes books like Lord of the Rings and HATES the Game of Thrones books. I haven't read them, but he said they are very slow reading... just thought :) 

    That look on Lucia's face is so stinkin cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6.  Good to know, Paige! I love LOTR too, so your friend and I probably have similar tastes. Do you have any suggestions for my next book?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've actually taken a huge liking to Jane Austen books. Currently reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte...which has some funny scenes as well as plenty of dramatic scenes. I also love LOTR and Twilight. I pretty much love ALL books.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.