Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sponsor Spotlight: Meet Emily

Hello to all of you lovely Catholic Newlywed readers! I’m Emily and I blog over at Day in the Life about my conversion to Catholicism, planning my wedding for May, and losing weight! My life is very busy sometimes as I work full time and go to graduate school full time, and I share the craziness of my life in blog-form!


 As you can guess, lots of my posts are about my faith! My first conversion piece, Why Catholic? explains why I’m planning on converting and I have many other various posts about the progress. I’ll be fully confirmed tentatively on May 5, 2013 and I am very excited for that day to come! 

You’ll also read lots of posts about our wedding planning and preparation for our marriage. I have several posts about wedding planning and I’m going to start having more about marriage preparation as we get more into it! I also like to update the world on my Twitter of everything that’s going on with that! 

The other part of my blog, weight loss, is definitely a huge part of my life right now! You can read the full story of my journey here! I’m doing Weight Watchers and have had great success so far! I’m hoping to have the opportunity to share more recipes of things I have been making. My favorite post about losing weight was how to lose weight without dieting. I never once ate a salad! 

In losing weight, I’ve also documented my training for a half-marathon that I ran last September. My fiance and I are signed up to run another one in May (just 2 weeks after our wedding!) and I cannot wait to talk more about our training for that. Going from not being able to run a mile to a half marathon was quite the journey, and I hope to someday train for a full marathon! My fiance and I are shooting for January 2014 to run the Disney marathon in Orlando, so stay tuned for that! :) 


That’s just the short rundown of my blog, but please come over to my little corner of the Internet at Day in the Life and say hi! 

Thanks for reading and especially thanks to Mandi for allowing me to share a little bit about myself! I hope to “meet” you soon!

5 comments:

  1. Wedding planning is pretty stressful. I hope things are going smooth for you! Good luck and best wishes to you!
    Oh & it's nice to "meet" you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww love it! I actually love bloggers that incorporate a little bit of everything. It keeps it exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a great blog and I am looking forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun blog! I love reading about wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.