Sunday, November 11, 2012

What I Wore Sunday: Nothing to Wear

Sweater: Kohl's (Elle) | Skirt: Talbots
Boots: Payless

It took me thirty minutes and countless outfit changes to figure out what to wear this morning.  Why? Because all my tights and leggings mysteriously disappeared following our move, except for two almost identical pairs of black tights.  Add that to the fact that David and I both worked extra hours this week and we're a bit behind on laundry.  Mix in the fact that I am a bit lacking on winter clothing and it snowed last night.  Yep, that's the perfect recipe for "I have NOTHING to wear." 

But once I found this outfit, it was perfect, and I loved it.  Additional bonus: this entire outfit, including the boots was way less than $100.  Sweater: thrifted (new with tags). Skirt: thrifted. Boots: on sale at Payless.  Usually I prefer to spend a bit more on shoes since those from Payless don't tend to last too long but these have lasted three years as my go-to winter boots (they will need to be replaced soon though).  The belt came with a suit skirt I bought a while back.  The cami was on sale at the Ann Taylor outlet and was by far the most expensive piece in the entire outfit.  My tights I've had since high school and I can guarantee they weren't pricey, and even if they were, they've been worn so many times that they probably average less than a cent per wear.  To be honest, this really isn't so amazing.  I promise unless I wear my wedding dress (or I win the lottery), you won't see any outfit over $150 on this blog.

While we are on the topic of fashion, I also want to mention that these Sunday link ups have landed me the distinction of being called a fashion blogger, a Catholic fashion blogger to be specific.  Check out the cute little button in my sidebar.  To see more Catholic fashion bloggers (or to see about joining the list yourself), check out It's Fun to Be a Girl.


I'm linking up to Fine Linen and Purple's What I Wore Sunday linkup.  Check it out for more church attire inspiration.

15 comments:

  1. My goodness woman, if this is your version of "I have nothing to wear" then I'm thinking that your future as a fashion blogger is bright indeed! You look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Nothing to wear' turned out fantastic! I love seeing a great outfit that didn't cost an arm and a leg too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was surprised that you said the boots were from Payless, because they look so similar to ones I have! Either way, I love them and the whole outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always look so cute and your posin' skillz are so natural. Supa fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ViolinMama @ Rosey OutlookNovember 12, 2012 at 11:17 AM

    Hey!! New to this meme and LOVING your style!!! Thanks for sharing, and inspiring!! I LOVE that look VERY much. I need to hit the thrift stores!!!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ViolinMama @ Rosey OutlookNovember 12, 2012 at 11:17 AM

    I totally agree! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, Mandi! And you pose like a pro =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, classic outfit...I mean you can't ever go wrong with that color combo!! Ever!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, my husband probably took about 20 pictures before we got this one! If you saw the others, you wouldn't think that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to hit the thrift stores again because I recently realized the areas that my wardrobe is lacking, but so far, I haven't had the motivation to scour the racks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Dwija! More like my husband has the patience of a Saint to take pictures until I find one where I'm not posing like a dork!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Kendra! They are starting to wear out and I haven't been able to find similar ones to replace them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Deme! I don't have an arm and a leg to spare, so you'll never see me wear something pricey! I have a few $150 or so dresses, but they were either thrifted or on MAJOR clearance (around $20)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Rae! I lucked into finding something, but there is a reason I usually wear dresses - I don't have many shirts, skirts, pants, that go together! Seriously, I have like 5 skirts that don't have a SINGLE shirt that could go with them!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.