Tuesday, November 6, 2012

#Happy1stBdayBaby: BathBlocks Review

Lucia does not like to take a bath.  Since she was very young, she usually just showers with either David or me.  Now that she's getting older (and heavier) we've been looking for a way to get her excited about staying in the tub.  I recently received a set of BathBlocks for review and feel like these are the perfect answer to our bath time woes.  

What are BathBlocks?  BathBlocks are, well, exactly what they sound like.  They are foam blocks made especially for the bathtub.  When wet, they stick to each other very well or even stick to walls.  

Why do we love them?  First of all, Lucia loves them.  While she's a little young to really get into building with blocks, she loves to hold them, bang them together, and knock them down.  The set we received was the 13 piece Seaport set, which came with a helicopter and airplane and she thought they were too cool!  Each set comes with a "floating play base" which creates the stable base upon which to build on and I was impressed by how easy it was to build in the water.

As a mom, my biggest concern is safety and cleanliness, so my main reason for loving BathBlocks is that they are mildew and bacteria resistant Nothing is more disgusting that mildewing bath toys.  Another bonus: they dry quickly so after a few hours of sitting in the tub, I can pick them up and store them in a bag (I keep them stored in the reusable bag they came in). 

The package indicates that the set is for children age three and up because of small parts.  The set I received didn't have any small parts, but I can see how the pieces of the helicopter or airplane might be pulled apart (not easily, but any mom knows that a determined baby can pull anything apart).  To me, I don't see this as a hazard since children under three shouldn't be left unattended in a bath anyway.  I think they are perfect toys for my almost one-year-old.  Although I can't say from personal experience, I can imagine that BathBlocks will continue to be fun bath time toys for my daughter for many years to come.   (Especially the ball run sets that allow you to make complex waterfalls and mazes.)  After all, both David and I had a ball playing with them!

The one drawback that I found was that they don't seem to stick to one another as well in a bath with bubbles.  I didn't find it to be a major inconvenience; the blocks still stuck, just not as well.  If you have an older child that is into very precise block building, he/she may want to skip the bubbles. 

You can buy a set for your little one at Just Think Toys.  Or enter to win a set as part of the Happy 1st Birthday, Baby! giveaway event here at Catholic Newlywed:



 As part of the Happy 1st Birthday, Baby! giveaway event,
 enter to win a set of BathBlocks!
Giveaway will be live November 14-21. 


I received BathBlocks in order to facilitate this review.  I was not required to write a positive review.  Opinions are 100% mine.  See Disclosure Policy.  

15 comments:

  1. Perfect for bath time to make it exciting and for motor skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cute, I've never heard of them before! Great gift for Christmas too. Thanks for visiting my blog and yes the Skylander Game would be good to share with your family! My grandson is only 5...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really fun. My baby LOVES the bath, but right now only has duckies to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that they are mildew and bacteria resistant. I won't give my kids rubber ducks in the bath because of the fact that mildew and bacteria gets inside

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that their mildew and bacteria resistant. A lot of bath toys seem to get icky after awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that they don't mildew and dry fast! Also, sticking them to the walls would be fun for my son!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A few years ago I found that our rubber duckie had black stuff inside! I like that these bath blocks don't have that possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how it includes a base to build on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that they are safe for babies to play with in and out of the bath.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's cool that they stick to the walls and they're soft. I've gotten pelted with a rubber duck before-- they hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My son loves to play in the tub and I know he'll love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're mildew and bacteria resistant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that they resist mildew. So many of our bath toys get thrown away because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. fun complex waterfalls and mazes! maybe it might get my little ones to take baths lol

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.