Monday, November 12, 2012

Guest Post at Captive the Heart: Catholic Wedding Planning 101

Have you visited the blog Captive the Heart?  It's a "sprightly wedding blog for the Catholic bride", and just as the name suggests, it's absolutely adorable.  I'm so excited to announce that I have a little guest post over there today.  The title is "Catholic Wedding Planning 101" and it specificially addresses how Catholic brides can respond to questions about why her Catholic wedding will be just a little bit different.  Here's a tidbit to whet your whistle:
"You mean you can't have a Coldplay song in your wedding?"

"What do you mean you can't get married on the beach?"

"Are you going to write your own vows?"

These are just a few of the difficult questions I had to answer while planning my Catholic wedding. The answers were easy: "No, I can't," answers all three. But explaining why the Catholic Church (usually) doesn't allow such things was quite a bit more complicated...continue reading at Captive the Heart.
If you are visiting from Captive the Heart, welcome!  You picked the perfect time to check out my blog because I am currently running a large giveaway event in honor of my daughter's first birthday.  To see (and enter) all the giveaways, click over to the Happy 1st Birthday, Baby! event page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! You can also contact me directly by emailing me at messywifeblessedlife@gmail.com.